The Worship and Music Ministry Team plans and supports opportunities to glorify and praise God in Spirit-filled, meaningful worship. Through Sunday morning and seasonal services, the people of God are nurtured in the growth of their faith as they experience God’s grace and forgiveness through Word, sacrament, and song.
- Acolytes – Youth, third grade and up, serve as acolytes, lighting and extinguishing the sanctuary candles and acting as crucifer and banner bearers for worship services.
- Altar Guild – Group maintains the care of the altar and its appointments. Responsibilities include the care and placement of candles, paraments, flowers, banners, and communion ware within the Chancel area. Prepare the wine and bread used during communion.
- Lay Assisting Ministers – Assist with worship and the portions of the worship services assigned to the assistant. They assist the pastor in distributing the elements (bread and wine) to the congregation.
- Decorating the church for special services.
- Decorative Arts Ministry – This ministry creates visual art that will enhance and express the Living Word in the worship space.
- Maintaining the choir and acolyte robes, music, and instruments.
- Music Ministry – This ministry provides the music, joyful and reflective, that helps set tone for worship and praises God for our bounty of blessings. This may include youth Sunday school, choir, handbells, praise groups, and a blue-grass group.
- Special Music – Members of the congregation provide either vocally, or instrumentally, a special musical offering for celebrations and worship throughout the year. This may include Recorders, Saxophone, Orchestra, and other individual vocalist or instrumentalists.
- Readers – Participate in worship by reading the Old and New Testament lessons of the day. Readers receive a copy of Celebrate, with the Bible lessons, in the mail the week prior to the Sunday they are reading so they can prepare.
- Ushers – Distribute bulletins before the worship service, count the number of worshippers, collect the offering and present it to the Alter along with the Communion elements, guide worshipers to communion, and straighten the sanctuary following the worship service. Ushers ensure that each member and guest is cared for during their worship experience. Ushers are responsible to be sure that church doors are locked once the church has emptied following services.
- Church Staff Members – Work with and support the Church Organist(s)/ Accompanist(s), the Music Director, and the Contemporary Service Director.
- Develop annual budget and present to Congregation Council.