We are in ministry to Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church Congregation, our community, and the world.
The Social Concerns Ministry Team strives to increase the congregation’s awareness of local, national, and international needs. We recruit involvement in community activities designed to meet these needs, and to respond to special needs and/or emergencies of church members as they occur.
- Develop a timeline for yearly team activities
- Designate Lenten Service Offering recipients
- Promote the Bishop’s Faith Advocacy Day held in Denver
- Set up the annual Food Bank Drive
- Submit articles to The Shepherd’s Voice, the monthly church newsletter on issues pertinent to our environment or social issues
- Promote the MS Bike Ride and local Crop Walk
- Sponsor the annual Alternative Giving Fair
- Sponsor the Angel Tree for foster children in the care of Lutheran Family Services
- In the Fall, we review the Benevolence Budget, make changes if necessary, then present it to the Church Council for approval